Thursday, January 7, 2021

Weird DNS issue with W10 VPN

Hey,

I have merkai VPN setup and configured on my laptop (W10)

Some weird issue im having that no one else is. It seems to be random, but all of a sudden, when connected to the VPN, it'll stop resolving using the DNS server I set in the Meraki config

If I do ipconfig /all - I can see the correct DNS set on the VPN client.

I.E: Connect to VPN for about an hour I can resolved internal resources I.E nslookup server

After about an hour it starts failing and using Google's DNS for resolution on internal resources which I do have 8.8.8.8 set as a dns forward but this should starts happening to devices directly connected to the network but it doesn't.. This issue only occurs via connecting through the VPN and not on the network itself.



No comments:

Post a Comment