Friday, January 8, 2021

Thinking about doing a Nexus Spine/Leaf config with just 4 switches....

Spines: 9332C Leafs: 93180YC-FX

I am tired of users complaining and have been given a massive budget to fix our network issue. We will be doing 40 GB. SAN will feed into the leafs via 40 GB connections and then down to the servers via iscuzzy. I am eyeing the Nexus line to make us ACI ready but am not going to go the ACI route. Am I off in my thinking here. Will a small spine/leaf helpour east to west needs? Currently I am on 10 GB.

Granted, each server will connect to the same set of access/leaf switches so the hop advantage isn't all there but I am still of the opinion that this is probably the way to go. Would really appreciate anyones experience here. A partner is suggesting we go with 9500 chasis meanwhile the Cisco team is telling us that a spine/leaf set up may be beneficial for our use case. Plus it is cheaper than the 2 9500's being proposed. They are also telling me that going the spine/leaf route allows us to upgrade our bandwidth capabilities with ease if the need arises by adding in more spines/leafs.....



No comments:

Post a Comment