Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Reliable and secure port forwarding with accurate relative send timing on destination

I'm trying to find a solution for forwarding multiple local ports to a destination computer. I have the following requirements:

  • Windows (or cygwin, or a VM running linux)
  • Multiple ports (outgoing UDP only)
  • Reliable
  • Secure (SSH tunnel?)
  • The receipt of packets at the destination are timed relative to how they were sent, with some necessary global delay

E.g. on the last point: packets sent every 1.5s at the source will be received at exactly every 1.5s at the destination. I imagine a large enough jitter buffer being used to ensure this, given network variability.

It doesn't appear that SSH gives me relative timing accuracy, though I'd love to be proven wrong.

Edit: I should have posed the title as a question--sorry if you found this thinking I have a solution for you! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment