Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Meraki Auto-VPN/SDN Competitors

I was looking at Meraki with their auto-VPN and cloud SDN

Are there competitors in this space? I'm a noob but I understand multi site-to-site at a edgerouter level but looking for a solution where the primary connection point for multiple sites is in the cloud.

We are a building automation company - trying to come up with a good way to bring all our sites (200) for a customer into our office for remote connection, but we like the idea of this VPN being hosted in the cloud and we just have another VPN endpoint at our office (so we could VPN into that network from other places directly from PC as well).

I may be missing the appropriate terminology (site to cloud?) for research here to properly find the options. I know Ubiquiti has UNMS and Meraki has auto-VPN and their cloud SDN (fancy!) but I don't see a lot of others especially where they all connect to a cloud hosted network that we can in-turn connect to.

Ease of setup is obviously a plus, I know Meraki seems to be the thing but the money isn't there for Meraki in this wonderful economic time.



No comments:

Post a Comment