Saturday, January 30, 2021

Looking for solution on which method to use for large room 100x200 ft wifi

Customer has a large open warehouse approx 100x200 feet. No walls in the warehouse, a small 30x50 foot office is in one corner, and the loading dock is in the opposite diagonal corner. See sketch here

Customer purchased this TP-Link mesh system They also bought Google nest cameras (work on Wi-Fi)

The TP-Link set (as is, without additional units) won't cover the entire warehouse in a mesh signal

Can I take a 50ft patch cord connect it to the WiFi router, run it up to the roof of the office, plug it into a simple switch, and from there, run patch cords to each tp link node, run them near the camera that I need so that, while I won't have a mesh network, I'll basically have a hotspot near each camera.

{I know a ip camera system would be easier etc the customer wants the Google nest cams}

OR

Run a cable between the nodes, same idea basically but with out the switch.

OR

Just buy another TP-Link pack and do the mesh correctly.

Those are my ideas. Would love to hear what you think is the best, and if you have a new solution or comments on my idea, please do send!

Thanks in advance!



No comments:

Post a Comment