Saturday, January 23, 2021

Lightweight 10G packet capture options?

It's been a few years since I researched this, and wasn't able to come up with anything useful then. I just did some googling and found these: https://www.profitap.com/profishark-10g/

sounds promising, but no idea what the price is like.

I'm looking for something lightweight and cheap enough I can afford to deploy a few dozen of them around. Obviously the 'profishark' would need a laptop (or SBC maybe?) to go with it, etc. Are there any other products I should be looking at?

edit: I should add that intent here is adhoc troubleshooting. So stuff like GPS timing isn't at all necessary. Mostly just proving "you say you're tagging these packets... but you're not", MTU disputes, TCP performance, etc.



No comments:

Post a Comment