Thursday, January 21, 2021

Enabling cleanair caused endpoint latency and packet loss

Today I noticed that cleanair was disabled on my 5508 WLC running 8.2. We just replaced the aging 1142's with 3802i's and users were complaining about signal quality and bandwidth. I enabled cleanair on both 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands.

The next two hours were quiet and then all of a sudden a specific portion of the building and only embedded windows devices were experiencing higher than average latency and timeouts. Disabling cleanair resolved the issue. The problem here is, I'm not sure why CleanAir would have done this. From my knowledge, cleanair surveys the environment for interferers and sets channels based on what it hears.

Any idea? Anything you think I should look at?



No comments:

Post a Comment