Saturday, January 2, 2021

EBGP Route advertised

Hi all,

I have a question about bgp. So I'm currently doing some lab about BGP in GNS3. I am doing a simple IBGP only network and combination of IBGP and EBGP as shown below

Network

the BGP peerings are done only between connected router ( R1-R2 and R2-R3)

in IBGP only, after configuring the routers, R1 cant see the LAN network in R3. I understand that in order to fix this, either I can create neighborship between R1-R3 (adding static route or IGP) or put R2 as a route-reflector.

IBGP only

While using EBGP, R1 can see the LAN behind R3, without adding route-reflector or creating peering between R1-R3.

IBGP + EBGP

Is this a standard behavior of EBGP route (the route advertised to an EBGP neighbor is passed on to the internal neighbor of the peer itself)?



No comments:

Post a Comment