Friday, January 8, 2021

Dynamic data latency with CDN

Im particularly interested in cloudflare but my question is probably more on general CDN. There is a website using cloudflare that I want to access its dynamic content at low latency as possible using a vps. As far as I understand, all data to and from the website is routed through one of the closest cloudflare's CDN server from the user. So in order to gain access to live data as fast as possible, do I need to somehow find a vps location close to one of the CDN server, that is also closest from the origin web server? (any ideas on how?)
Or should I just get a vps near the geolocation of cloudflare's IP address?

Another thing is about the ping value. Since pinging seems to return the latency to the assigned CDN server, am I understanding correctly that low ping doesn't represent low letency to live content, but on the other hand high ping does mean high letency? Or is that also not as simple as I think?



No comments:

Post a Comment