Monday, January 11, 2021

Completely at my wits' end trying to load an image to an AIRCAP-2702I wireless AP [x-post /r/cisco]

I am at a total loss right now and have tried every single thing I can imagine under the sun to get this image loaded but nothing works. Even if it's something stupidly simple that I missed at this point I don't care because I just want this Cisco nightmare to end.

Quick summary: I found a spare AIRCAP-2702I-A-K9 that I wanted to add to our network. Booted it up and it added itself to our WLC no issues. I am wanting to use this AP in autonomous mode though instead so I downloaded the correct firmware (not the lightweight one), renamed it correctly as a .default, placed it in the tftp directory, went through the MODE method and.... nada. I got an error for invalid argument, etc.

Well after several attempts, resets, power interruptions, etc. the booting of the AP became wonky. I reset everything and actually had to format the entire flash: directory as well.

Now when I do the MODE method it tries to open my tftp server but I instantly get hit with:

%Error opening tftp://255.255.255.255/filename.default (no such file or directory)

I have used this tftp server already through the GUI and elsewhere so I know it works. Plus, I can see activity on the tftpd64 screen as the file is trying to send over but it times out with a "TIMEOUT waiting for Ack block #1" message.

Here are the screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/LDHZKf9 I have spent hours on this trying every method suggested in the Cisco forums but none of them proved useful.

Also note that I don't have any firewalls going when I try this, the AP is on the same subnet, I've set my computer to be within the suggested range, etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated!



No comments:

Post a Comment