Thursday, January 7, 2021

Cisco BGP Config help!

Hi all,

I'm trying to setup some BGP routing from my cumulus leafspine network to a Cisco Nexus.

I can see the vlans hosted on the cumulus ones, when I use 'show bgp all' but nothing on 'show routes' or 'show routes bgp. On the cumulus side, I can see my networks from the nexus but no traffic flows over.

This nexus hosts some vlans, it had no BGP setup before so we enabled the feature and setup a the config as follows:

router bgp 65001

address-family ipv4 unicast

network 172.16.0.0/16

network 172.24.96.0/24

neighbor fe80::9a03:9bff:fefb:4870 remote-as 65101

address-family ipv4 unicast

route-map RFC5549 out

soft-reconfiguration inbound

address-family ipv6 unicast

neighbor fe80::ba59:9fff:fe59:2b0 remote-as 65102

address-family ipv4 unicast

route-map RFC5549 out

soft-reconfiguration inbound

address-family ipv6 unicast

My understanding is this is route map related? Without routemaps is traffic blocked? Or should it all be allowed by default?

I've put the RFC5549 in due to sending ipv4 routes over ipv6 links. I'm running BGP unnumbered on cumulus. and followed this connection/configuration guide for the links: https://support.cumulusnetworks.com/hc/en-us/articles/212561648-Configuring-BGP-Unnumbered-with-Cisco-IOS

Cisco is completely out of my area of expertise so if anyone knows what I'm missing that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance



No comments:

Post a Comment