Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Bit of a weird problem with dhcp and samsung s20 running Android 11.

So I have atleast 2 people with galaxy s20s running Android 11 that are getting couldn't get ip address errors. When I do a packet capture on network port of the ap. I get a full process all the way through acknowledgement. The dhcp server record the lease, switch doing the vlan routing has the mac address of the phone tied to the proper ip address. Now at the same time I run the trouble shooter on the ruckus ap and it's saying the phone never got an acknowledgement. Which was clearly sent in the packet capture. Further more this error is present on both my aerohive and ruckus apps. All I am at is possibly my network is responding slower than the phone wants and it's restarting the whole dhcp process again. I am having a hard time accepting this one as I am not hearing about any other problems.

Dhcp server- windows with 2 servers load balancing.

Vlan routing switch is a cisco 9500 with ip helpers pointing to the dhcp servers and the wds server.

Access level switch's are cisco 2960x Aps are a mix of ruckus r610 and aerohive 230, 330, 130 and 141 aps.

Dhcp snooping is on.

So any one have any ideas where to go from here?



No comments:

Post a Comment