Wednesday, January 13, 2021

AnyConnect Certificate Authentication Failure

I am having a persistent Certificate Authentication Failure. How the heck do I troubleshoot this? I have a common CA which I used to build the trustpoint on the ASA.

Same CA created the private key, csr, and signed the cert for the Windows 10 machine. Added the certificate to the user store as well as adding the CA cert to the Trusted Certificate Authority store.

I built the VPN using the Configuration Wizard, enabling IPsec. I have a hunch that it has something to do with the FQDN. I used just the hostname "ASA", "Win10" instead of the full FQDN. Could that be why?

I have added the IP to the Windows host file and I am still getting these prompts:

Certificate does not match the server name.

Certificate is from an untrusted source.

And, I am not getting the Choose Certificate prompt on AnyConnect.



No comments:

Post a Comment