Tuesday, December 22, 2020

TV Ethernet not working then connected via switch

Hello,

I purchased a new Smart TV (LG 55UN73003LA) recently and I wanted to connect it to the internet with an Ethernet cable.

We watch television programs with an IPTV receiver, so I already have 1 cable (I believe it is CAT 5 or CAT 5e) close to the TV. So I decided to buy a switch so I can split that connection to the receiver and the TV. The switch I bought is D-Link DES-1005D. I also bought two CAT 6 cables (0.5 m and 2.0 m)

I connected the old cable (5/5e) to port #1 on the switch and then I connected the new CAT 6 cables to port #2 and port #3. I then turned on the TV and the receiver and noticed that the TV is not getting a connection while the receiver is working normally.

I tried setting a static IP address of my TV to 192.168.1.229 (since that one is definitely not being used) but it wouldn't help.

What could be the cause of my problem? Maybe a conflict between old and new cables? Is my switch malfunctioning?

Thanks in advance!



No comments:

Post a Comment