Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Tool to ping/tcp request multiple hosts

Hi,

for a maintenance window on our edge firewalls & switches, I'm looking for a lightweight windows tool that can query multiple IP's at once via ICMP/TCP/HTTP. That way we can directly see if cutting a certain link has impact, and if failovers are working.

Of course we have external monitoring and stuff like that, but that monitors only each minute, and for ICMP I want to use a shorter interval like 5 seconds.

I used to use KSsoft hostmonitor (https://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/index.htm) which actually does a good job at this, but with an expired trial, before spending 200 USD on a tool that looks like it's straight for 2003, I want to check if there are any better alternatives out there.

I took a look at nirsoft pinginfoview, but that doesn't have HTTP checks and options are rather limited.
Thanks for any feedback!



No comments:

Post a Comment