Saturday, December 19, 2020

Static IP Requirement

Forgive me if I use the wrong terminology.

I have a CCTV security system that is currently connected to a monitoring company via the internet. When having the system installed, we were advised that we needed a static IP for the system to connect properly.

Fast forward a few months and the static IP service has been installed and is a complete nightmare. The routers they use for the static service are unreliable, the connection is temperamental to say the least and although the data rate is okay, there seems to be a lot of latency, which affects various real time applications.

I would like to switch back to a dynamic IP but I need a service that can provide a sudo-IP service. I want to use the acronym ‘DNS’ but I don’t know if that’s actually what I’m looking for.

Any advice on a solution would be much appreciated!



No comments:

Post a Comment