Thursday, December 3, 2020

Starting to get burnt out in this field.

I don't know about you guys but i got my start in networking by getting certs and labbing out all night and then going to work for fun and i'm pretty good at it and have learned a lot. I've only been in this engineering role for 10 years but i am honestly starting to get tired of this field and considering doing something else because im typically exhausted when i get off with all the hours. I feel like all those years of studying led to a high paying job that i'm still very successful at but at some point i might get out. These days i no longer even do anything IT related in my time off and do other stuff. I am just ranting lol. Always make sure you do other stuff in your free time. Today I just worked a 9 hour shift and have more work tonight for a maintenance. If i don't get out i might look for another shop that has a smaller network thats less intense with a more focused role. I do a variety of things such as manage the network, phone system, wireless and even some small firewall related tasks (we have a security team for that). How about you guys?



No comments:

Post a Comment