Monday, December 28, 2020

Set Cisco 3560 to dummy switch

I need more ports than my current 8 port has to offer. I have a Cisco 3560 sitting around that I can use. I want my Ubiquity Gateway to handle all the routing and VLANs. However, I have almost no CMI experience.

I have found this -

Switch2#configure terminal Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z. Switch2(config)#interface range Switch2(config)#interface range fastEthernet 0/1 -10 Switch2(config-if-range)#spanning-tree portfast %Warning: portfast should only be enabled on ports connected to a single host. Connecting hubs, concentrators, switches, bridges, etc... to this interface when portfast is enabled, can cause temporary bridging loops. Use with CAUTION %Portfast will be configured in 10 interfaces due to the range command but will only have effect when the interfaces are in a non-trunking mode. Switch2(config-if-range)#end 

and this -

int fastethernet 0/01 spanning-tree portfast 

Are both/either of these correct?

Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment