Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Selfservice-portal for DHCP-reservations

Hi.

I wonder if anyone have implemented some kind of selfservice-portal to do reservations in the DHCP-server? Our local IT-staff currently installs printers and other stuff with static addresses and I would prefer them to use DHCP with reservations instead.
I'm not so keen to give them direct access to the DCHP-server.

I'm thinking a portal were they can add (and remove) reservations themselves should be helpful. We already let these users add MAC-addresses in a portal for MAB to our 802.1x-solution.

The DHCP-servers are Windows.

If anyone has done something like this and have some learnings to share it would be great.

Our network is serving approx 12k endusers in 100 locations, 802.1x on (almost) every switchport, and one of the reasons I want to increase the use of DHCP is to prepare for more profiling in Cisco ISE.

BR



No comments:

Post a Comment