Friday, December 4, 2020

RJ45 SFP+ Transceiver Brand Compatibility

As far as I know SFP+ is suppose to be a standard with compatibility within its form factor. But, from my research each brand codes theirs so that they are incompatible with other brands.

I've quite a few QSFP+ and SFP+ cards and I'm trying to figure out the best way to move forward with them.

I've quite a few HPE 779793-B21 546SFP+ network adapters and trying to find a low cost solution for getting 10Gbe going.

Closest thing I found brand new was via FS with their HPE 813874-B21 Compatible 10GBASE-T SFP+ Copper RJ-45 30m Transceiver Module (https://www.fs.com/products/89562.html). Manufacture direct is $625 which is crazy expensive. The cheapest I've found brand-new is $45 but its via sfpcables.com and not familiar with their quality.

I noticed that fiber modules are relatively inexpensive and seem to have a surplus while RJ45 are a bit price.

Anyone have insight into sourcing these modules? y.



No comments:

Post a Comment