Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Port forwarding to multiple computers

So I am trying to better understand port management for a few of my company's clients. We generally forward ports 80/443 to a DMZ'd server to give staff access to Remote Web Access or Remote Desktop Services.

Now one client purchased a 3rd party cloud provider service that uses a RemoteApp RDS configuration that uses port 443 as well.

I mainly do sysadmin work (AD, DNS, office 365) so I know the basics of networking, but nothing too advanced. I am thinking that when the remoteapp tries to connect it connects to the cloud provider but when traffic comes inbound it is being redirected to the RWA/RDS server. We have a A record that points to there ISP's WAN address so if I put in rwa.companydomain.com:443 it gets sent to the RWA server.

I generally port forward because most of the services we use don't overlap. What is the best way to allow multiple computers on a LAN behind NAT to use the same port? I don't even know the terms to search for on Google to help get this working. So any help would be appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment