Sunday, December 20, 2020

Nexus QoS "types" explained?

Hi, so i have picked up studying the NX-OS the last month or so, I have completed almost everything to do with them but left QoS until the end. I am very familiar with QoS on an IOS switch and an IOS router so I'm not exactly a novice. I took a look a while back at the QoS on a Nexus switch we have in our DC but left it alone as it looked way off compared to IOS. After studying it I have gathered that the following below are the certain class "types" and contexts you operate in NX-OS. Can anyone clarify or correct me if I'm wrong to, thanks.

Network-QoS....system wide QoS properties such as the MTU size of the packet

QoS...matching cos values and setting them qos-groups

System QoS...the qos context were all qos "type" classes are applied

Queueing...setting the priority queue (with the "priority level 1" command) and the bandwidth for the weighted round robin queues

Have I missed any out here? Could you fill them in similar to I have done above? Cheers



No comments:

Post a Comment