Wednesday, December 16, 2020

New to enterprise networking equipment. Need advice setting up basic networking and choosing SFP.

So, I recently got my hands on a used Aruba 2920 and 2530 48 port switch. I was going to go with a simpler setup for our small office(20 emp) using just retail switches from TP-Link/Ubiquiti but the deal I got was too good to pass up.

Basically, I'm trying to create separate VLANs for the different devices on the office network, like servers, desktops, IP Phones, CCTVs, APs etc. I've read through the Aruba documentation and it seems to be fairly easy to VLAN tag ports but I want to know what else I can do with these switches, considering they seem to run 10-20 times the prices of regular ones, what features do they offer that would help my setup.

Also, I'd like to use SFP ports to connect the two switches together and also some servers with 10Gbe networking and I'm so confused regarding what modules to use. There are so many different types and I'm overwhelmed.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment