Sunday, December 13, 2020

Network Operations Software

Fellow Engineers,

I am a developer first and network engineer second. I feel there is a need for web based network management software and I’d like opinions on it before bringing anything to market.

I’m aware of several commercial products in existence and also some free options most notably Netbox. Netbox does a lot of things well, but it strives to be generic to cover all industries and thus it lacks some things I need. I’m in the ISP world so I have a list of things I wish netbox did that doesn’t, most notably circuit/groom management.

Is there any demand for this in the industry or are you all happy with what you have in this regard? If you’re not, what industry are you in and how are your current documentation tools failing you?



No comments:

Post a Comment