Wednesday, December 16, 2020

netflow analysis

So last week I decided to analyze netflow output from my routers and firewalls because I am working on a network refresh project. I installed SolarWinds Orion (latest version before the HF2 patch) and 2 days ago, well...I shutdown the server and deleted the VM without thinking twice.

The server has only been running for 2 days, I don't see any issues for now.

Moving forward I still need to do Netflow analysis, and to be honest the Solarwinds software was in my opinion incredibly helpful and well designed. It took me a couple of hours to get everything setup and I was really digging the UI, and the logic made it so easy to follow conversations between endpoints and routing devices...

I have installed ManagedEngine as a potential replacement but there is no comparison, I cant get anything from it as fast as I did with Orion, the Interface sucks, I don't like it at all.

Do you guys recommend something? Would you run Orion HF2 at this point?



No comments:

Post a Comment