Thursday, December 10, 2020

Multi-homed bgp

I'm not super versed on bgp, but I'm working something out and I'm hoping to bounce it off some peeps to see how I might do this.

I've got a firewall with 2 ISPs and doing bgp peering with both of them advertising the same /24 to both.

I have a use case where I need to force 2 IPs to only route IN via a specific IP.

My thought was to add an advertisement of the /32 out the specific ISP. Doing this with route maps and prefix lists.

With that being a more specific route it should be preferred over the /24 right? And even though the /24 might have a shorter path through one ISP, it should still route to the ISP that advertised the /32 correct?

Is this the right way to go about this, or is there a better option?



No comments:

Post a Comment