Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Monitoring network bandwidth per ip

All I'm trying to monitor network bandwidth usage per ip. My initial thought was netflow, but I don't need all of that data(we are setting up to saturate a 10gb connection, so that would mean 10 gb going to the netflow collector as well?) all I'm trying to see is the bandwidth utilization.

Snmp was another option but I believe falls short if I'm looking at a per ip option. It works off of interfaces.

Is netflow the only option or is there something better?

We are using ubiquiti edge router though are switch to mikrotik.

If netflow is the best way, is there a solid open sourced collector/analyzer that runs in a server architecture and not as a desktop app(solar winds programs seem to be desktop?) it looks like ntopng is the best option, perhaps a tick stack would work too?



No comments:

Post a Comment