Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Lights on SFP on one side but not the other?

I am connecting 2 switches via SMF using SFP transceivers. One switch shows light when I plug in the fiber, but the other side doesn’t. This seem to go against all my experience with networking but I am only starting the backend learning so I suspect there is something I am missing.

Details: one switch is a Fortinet 424e with 24 ports RJ45 and 4 ports SFP+, the other switch is a Perle unmanaged industrial DIN rail mounted switch with 5 ports RJ45 and 2 ports SFP.

I reset my Fortinet to factory defaults thinking my configuring may have been causing a problem and their still aren’t communicating properly.

Is there some special configuration I have to do on a Fortinet to allow it to talk to another switch?



No comments:

Post a Comment