Saturday, December 19, 2020

Help with Cisco 4321 and Spectrum Technicolor TC8715D Cable Modem

Kind of some noob questions,

[Design]:

I want to install the Cisco 4321 device as my main L3 router, the connect to a juniper ex4200 where i plan on connecting my hp proliant 380p gen 8 running with a media server for sonar/radar/tranmission/plex/etc..

From the switch I plan on having POE cameras and 2 x wireless router running in AP mode (2 different models of netgear wireless routers.

I switched my modem to "bridge mode" and connected an ethernet cable from port one on the modem to the g0/0/1 interface on the cisco device. Once i did that i was able to get an IP automatically assigned from the modem. which i was having issues with before.

Once i did this i was able to connect the g0/0/0 interface to my juniper ex4200 switch. Once i added a lab pc from my switch it was resolved to an IP not in my "configured" network. For example, i had configured 192.168.24.1 as my dhcp pool network that should have been applied to the switch's interfaces as it is vlan 100, which has the family inet address to 192.168.24.1/24 network.

This is most likely a configuration problem,

Can anyone help me with configuration that will work correctly?

thank you! any help is appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment