Thursday, December 10, 2020

Examples of Network as Code On Prem

Hey All, My background is not in Networking, but I'm helping some co-workers with getting started with automation in the networking space and i'm looking for examples, case studies, articles, etc, of companies that have actually implemented true Infrastructure as Code in the network device configuration space, for on prem (like Cisco 7000, NSX-T, Firewalls). It seems like a lot of the information I find when searching is people using ansible or something as a run book tool, for making changes to existing configurations.

The tools and modules definitely exist, but when it comes to full device configuration being stored in source control where the repository is the source of truth, that doesn't seem to be a pattern yet in the networking space. Am I wrong? Am I missing something? Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment