Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Create AS-SET for ASN to accept BGP route through ISP

Hello,

One of my customer who is a small private ISP is receiving an email from one of their upstream ISP's. They are rejecting a route because we do not have an AS-Set to accept the downstream clients prefix/route.

We have an ASN of xx and this client has an ASN of YY. The client uses our network as a backup in case their primary fails via BGP. The upstream provider accepts our ASN and network but does not accept our downstream clients.

This is the first time I am dealing with ASN's and ISP acceptance routing and rejections. Could anyone help me understand how to get an "AS-SET" created with the down stream clients ASN so our upstream ISP will accept their subnet?

I understand there is a document on ARIN's website but it's confusing me and was just wondering if there was a few step by step directions someone could provide? I think I need to email [rr@arin.net](mailto:rr@arin.net) with a defined AS-Set name and other information?



No comments:

Post a Comment