Friday, December 25, 2020

Cisco switch too cold. How to keep it warm?

All - I have a Cisco SG-220-52P in a detached garage/barn on the other end of my property.

This is my first year with this switch, first year with the barn being networked. I live in Michigan. It’s currently 0°. Barn isn’t insulated even slightly. It’s probably 5-7° inside without the wind chill.

Today, around 10AM I got an alert that the switch in the barn went down, along with all devices connected to it. Ran out there, system light flashing rapidly.

I login to the interface, “system temperature critical“

Too cold to operate. There’s all kinds of stuff out there on how to keep switches cold, I have the opposite problem. Need to warm mine up.

Anyone else ever been in this boat? How did you warm yours up? It’s currently mounted horizontally on the trusses (exposed) - I did it this way because it gets extremely hot out there in the summer.

Need some way to regulate the temperature of it once it gets too cold out there.

Barn Switch



No comments:

Post a Comment