Saturday, December 12, 2020

Cat6A RJ45 Ethernet Network Keystone Jack Wiring Help...

I have these jacks. I need to wire my Ethernet cables to them. I've never seen a configuration like this before.

The top side is labeled (colored)

  • 8 - Brown
  • 7 - Brown White
  • 2 - Orange and Green
  • 1- Orange/White & Green/White

Bottom Section is

  • 6 - Green And Orange
  • 3 - Green/White & Orange/White
  • 4 - Blue
  • 5 - Blue/White

My cables are wired in this order

  1. Orange/White
  2. Orange
  3. Green/White
  4. Blue
  5. Blue/White
  6. Green
  7. Brown/White
  8. Brown

My guess is that this

I know the Blue goes to 4 and the Blue/White goes to 5. Brown goes to 8 and Brown/White goes to 7.

Where am I putting the Green, Green/White, the Orange and Orange/White wires? It's showing them in the same places and it's throwing me off a bit.

There's also an A and B on the Green and orange sections. I'm guessing that since I used the T-568B wiring technique, I need to put the wiring according to the B setup?

I think I got it but I just want to make doubly sure.

Also, I'm probably going to have to pay attention to some of my older CAT5e cabling because I think I used a different coloring scheme there too (GW, G, OW, B, BW, O, BrW, Br).

I'd like to wire this up tomorrow since I'll be off work that day.



No comments:

Post a Comment