Monday, December 21, 2020

Adding a T-Bar mount bracket to a solid drywall ceiling?

I'm setting up a small lab to test some different APs - and I need a way to interchange APs easily, without drilling out the ceiling each time for each manufacturer's different mounting patterns.

However, I don't have a suspended ceiling here with T-Bars. It's a gyprock (aka sheetrock/drywall/plasterboard) ceiling.

I contacted Oberon, and they mentioned a spare part they have - "39-TBAR-MOUNT" - which is part of their 1015-00 product. Apparently this is a small U-shaped bracket, which provides t-bar mounting. From their installation instructions, I did see this diagram.

It does look a bit flimsy, and I'm not sure if those two screw holes will be enough, if I hang this from a drywall ceiling. (I assume it's normally screwed into a solid metal plate).

I'm curious - has anybody else done something similar on their ceiling?

Do you know anybody else who makes similar T-Bar mount adapters, to clip things like APs onto, or will the above t-bar mount possibly work?



No comments:

Post a Comment