Friday, November 27, 2020

What are some basic IoT best practices that I can fit into Packet Tracer?

So basically cause of COVID my term project is on packet tracer. I need to do IoT but apart form QoS this specific class hasn't taught anything about IoT best practice or IoT in packet tracer. It's only been 3 labs on configuring Cisco IP phones.

I digress, my idea so far are:

  • seperate vlans with one specific for IoT devices

  • QoS for the IoT devices, I know it's probably not necessary in a real world since their usage is so little but I need to fill a 4 page double column report about this.

  • ACL to allow traffic to enter the network from the IoT server, but disallowing IoT traffic from leaving the network.

That's it, I can't think of much else. I have a copy of Cisco IoT Fundamentals by David Hanes et al. But it doesn't offer any clear best practices.



No comments:

Post a Comment