Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Weird situation help

We have equipment on a customer network that is in the /28 subnet We now need another IP address and they said to add a router and put some equipment behind it.

I need to access that equipment behind the new router from that subnets gateway router

We are going to use a ERX

Should the ERX be setup with no firewall (nothing on this network gets to the internet) and all I really need is a NAT box essentially?

I Just need more IPs but I’d like for all of the things on the ERX LAN to be able to reach the ERX WAN devices and vice versa

So should I do a firewall with port forwards or is there some benefit to having no firewall but still doing forwards?

we have access to a jump server in their data center that gives us a windows machine to talk to our /28 subnet

I understand port forwarding for this. I just wonder if there is a more open and simple way if we don’t have any need to be “secure”

They have switches and routers that we can’t expect to be reconfigured for us.

If this is a simple scenario sorry, I’m like 33% into learning about networking but here I am!



No comments:

Post a Comment