Friday, November 6, 2020

Untagged VLAN in EVPN+VxLAN issue

I am dealing with very strange issue but wanted to check with experts if i am doing anything stupid or not. I have small size EVPN+VxLAN clos network (OSFP+iBGP+Multicast+Arp-suppression (no anycastgateway) is in my setup) very standard configuration. My leafs in vPC for redendency. My leafs connected to HP c7000 bladecenter switch 6120XG.

Network Diagram: https://ibb.co/KzPXCQL

Problem: On blade server i have two 10G nic (nic1 connected to blade-switch-A and nic2 connected to blade-switch-B) so i have configured bonding active-backup because 6120XG doesn't support MLAG. Everything working great at this point. I have Linux PXE kickstart server and i have dedicated VLAN 70 for PXE which i have untagged on 6120XG switch (because PXE doesn't support VLAN tagging). when i reboot blade server and go to PXE boot to kickstart i can see my PXE get ip address from DHCP but after that it stopped pinging that IP and kickstart failing saying no network connection (in short i can't ping that pxe IP).

I have all my VLAN/VNI configured for arp-suppression. if i remove arp-suppression for PXE VLAN/VNI then everything works, PXE successfully able to kickstart my all servers but as soon as i add arp-suppression it stopped working. Any idea how EVPN+VxLAN handle untagged VLANs?

Leaf NVE1 interface config

interface nve1 no shutdown description ** VTEP/NVE Interface ** host-reachability protocol bgp source-interface loopback1 member vni 10064 suppress-arp mcast-group 239.1.1.1 member vni 10065 suppress-arp mcast-group 239.1.1.1 member vni 10070 suppress-arp <---------- if i remove this it PXE works. mcast-group 239.1.1.1 member vni 10100 suppress-arp mcast-group 239.1.1.1 member vni 10555 associate-vrf 

Bladecenter switch untagged VLAN 70

vlan 70 name "pxe" untagged 1-16 tagged Trk1 no ip address exit 


No comments:

Post a Comment