Thursday, November 26, 2020

Trying to understand new engineer position and companies infrastructure

Sorry if this isnt allowed..

I have an interview with a Fortune 500 and I'm trying to understand what they're actually looking for engineering wise. They're asking for a cloud engineer on paper, but are actually looking for a a solid network engineer who has automation experience. This is a big box retailer, they're using Google Cloud and AWS as far as I can tell. However, their main focus in my prelim interview was on BGP, EIGRP, and Ansible.

They did specify they wanted someone with BGP peering experience, specifically in GPC. Based on what limited info I have, does this position sound similar to what anyone else is doing? Is anyone working with similar technologies who can speak to the day to day work?

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment