Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Superscopes and gateways

If a DHCP server is configured with a superscope and starts handing out leases from the first member scope, when it runs out and moves in to the second member scope, do clients with IP addresses from that second scope effectively start using the gateway from the first scope?

I'm trying to figure out how clients with IP addresses from the noncontiguous ranges in a superscope, each with it's own gateway address, access the network if there can only be one gateway address associated with the vlan interface (typically the gateway address of the first member scope).

I'm in the process of setting this up and I'm happy with DHCP, vlans etc. but this specific point has me stumped. I'm not sure what I'm missig here and I can't really find anything that explains it.

Many thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment