Saturday, November 21, 2020

Routing multiple remote users through single IP address

My org is a consulting startup of mostly developers without much network experience. We now might have a need to set up our own network solution for a particular problem, but we're not really even sure what the different options are for what we're trying to do. If my question is ill-formed or I'm getting key concepts wrong, please correct me.

The problem: We are about to start using a SaaS product that requires us to provide IP addresses for whitelist access. We're thinking we probably don't want to add individuals' home IP addresses (we're mostly remote), so we're wondering what is the right solution if we want to have all our remote developers access this resource through a single IP address. Is this what a vpn is for? I'm familiar with using vpn to access an orgs network resources, but am not sure what actually happens when you're using one. My hope is that we could set up an Azure vpn gateway, any of our devs can connect to that, then we simply provide the vpn's ip for the whitelist. Please tell me if I just said something entirely dumb.



No comments:

Post a Comment