Friday, November 13, 2020

Radius Server not responding + Hotspot Authentication problems, please help!

Hello Networking dudes and dudettes!

I am hoping that some Networking (Mikrotik) Guru would glance upon this post and help this Networking (Mikrotik) noob with his dilemma. Here is my current situation:

Configurations on the HAP AC Lite:

  • Ether1 = DHCP Client
  • Ether2 = (192.168.X.X/24) for friends and myself! Connected to a switch!
  • Wlan1 = AP Bridge, (10.10.X.X/24) for a hotspot

DHCP:

  • Ether2 has pool for friends and myself!
  • Wlan1 has pool for hotspot (10-20 users needs/wants wifi)

NAT = srcnat out to Ether1

Hotspot = I set this up okay and I know it works for an admin and a test profile/user

Radius Server:

  • IP is the same as WLAN1 (some say 127.0.0.1, other say same IP as WAN interface I do not know which is “right”.)
  • Incoming is set to accept

The Dilemma

· If I make a user via RouterOS, it works! The hotspot login works and it shows the limits, uptime etc… all that beautiful jazz!

· If I make a user via the Radius server (/myWanInterface/userman), the login spits the message “RADIUS SERVER NOT RESPONDING”

· Reason I want to use the Radius server is it can add users as a batch! I would like to just allow 10-20 users to use the hotspot with their own login and passwords (authentication) etc…

P.S. I can provide a pastebin of my configuration via PM. Please drop a reply or message me directly! It would mean the world to me if someone would just spend a few minutes helping me with this as I am lost! All of the tutorials from youtube and mikrotik sites are not helping with this issue ☹



No comments:

Post a Comment