Thursday, November 5, 2020

Question about Etherchannel

Hi

First of all sorry if this is a dumb question, but I couldn't find an answer online and even asked people at work but nobody answered...

I have my CCNA exam on Tuesday and I'm doing NetAcad labs to prepare myself.

However, I came across this task on a packet tracer exam and I don't understand it and why my answer was wrong.

Task: Create EtherChannels according to the EtherChannel Port Assignments Table. Use the Cisco LACP protocol. Both sides of the channel should form the channel without negotiation.

There's a couple things that confused me.

1st: LACP is open standard and not Cisco proprietary right?

2nd: If both sides of the channel don't negotiate, what is the point of LACP?

I set the channel-mode to 'on' because that's the only mode that creates an EtherChannel without negotiation and that was wrong on the assessment. If I configured passive on both sides, no channel will be made. And if I configured active on either side, the channel would be made WITH negotiation.

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance!



No comments:

Post a Comment