Friday, November 27, 2020

Project Ideas to spruce up experience-less resume

Hello! I’d like to start off by saying please ignore my name. I thought it sounded cool when I was younger.

Ok, my background. My 1-3 year goal is to land a network engineer role, or something similar. I have the CompTIA trifecta, as well as my CCNA R+S. I only just started attending college 6 months ago (WGU) and have no actual IT work experience. I am looking for ideas to help me stick out more on resumes and cover letters. Mainly, I am looking for project ideas I can do at home that would look impressive.

I do currently have a home lab consisting of 3 cisco routers and 3 cisco switches, but I don’t do much on them beyond setting up different subnets. I also do labs through NetSim from Boson. I would like to really throw myself behind a few projects though, that I could talk about in a cover letter and interview. Any ideas?

p.s. With these certs alone, I was able to land a help desk/support type position, but that expected start date is still MONTHS away (vetting process + Covid).



No comments:

Post a Comment