Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Probably in over my head.

Hey everyone! I don't post often on reddit, but I thought hey; what can it hurt.

Here's the short of it: bachelor's in Information Systems, no experience in business networks (college wasn't the best of teachers, and I wasn't the best of listeners, admittedly.)

I work for a multi-million dollar company that specializes in shipping product from an auction site. The problem? They run this company off of two computers. No network, nothing. All orders are printed out.

Well, we're growing rapidly. And they want to implement a POS system that integrates with the auction site. Time passes, we get the contract for the POS, and I'm the one in charge of installing and integrating the entire thing. I'm more than a little nervous about it! I believe in trial by fire, but I don't want to mess this up for them.

Basically, I have to set up the entire network (server, workstations, APs, etc.) Any good advice to give? I know I can do this, but... I can't shake the feeling I'm missing something and it's gonna kill me.

Thanks in advance everyone, from what I've read on the subreddit, y'all seem real cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment