Tuesday, November 17, 2020

PoE lighting for shed

Hi there, I haven't managed to track down much info about PoE lighting options so wanted to run it by everyone here. Other than the UniFi dimmer switch and panel, which is close to what I'm after bit probably a bit too smart/pricey for my needs, I haven't had any luck.

In a nutshell, I have run 2x Cat6 cables from a basic 4-port PoE switch to my outdoor shed. The shed doesn't have power nor do I want to run power to it. I have a security camera connected to one of two PoE ports, so have one spare PoE port available in the shed.

I am trying to track down a PoE light switch + LED light combo so I can light the shed, as an alternative to a 12V battery + 12V LED which I have in place at the moment.

Are there any products out there that would allow me to run Cat6 from the spare PoE port -> PoE light switch -> LED light? It doesn't need to be waterproof and I could mount to an internal wall or overhead beam easily enough.

If there is nothing out there I can just stick to the 12V battery + LED which does the trick, but can be a bit of a hassle when the battery runs flat!

Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment