Friday, November 27, 2020

Network Vlan Segmentation and Design

Hi Reddit,

I've researched this topic into oblivion and am currently getting in my own way of finding the best and optimal solution that satisfies ease of understanding and scalability.

Before I ask you to critique my Vlan segment design, please keep in mind that I have multiple sites that I need to account for.

I am using the 10.0.0.0/8 and breaking each site into 10.1.0.0/16, 10.2.0.0/16, and 10.3.0.0/16 respectively. It will eventually look like this >>

HQ Firewall --> 10.1.1.1/16

Remote Site A --> 10.2.1.1/16

Remote Site B --> 10.3.1.1/16

Remote Site C --> 10.4.1.1/16

I created a basic Excel spreadsheet that I took a screenshot of and uploaded to Imgur, please use the below link to understand my thought process and design decision, and please critique me. I want the most readily understandable network design that not only makes sense but would allow for anyone who has no knowledge of networking to easily understand the goal or path to scale effectively.

https://imgur.com/a/74YkNNN

tl;dr >> Click the Imgur link above and please critique my design for quick understanding and ease of administration.

Edit 1 >> Updated the imgur link



No comments:

Post a Comment