Friday, November 6, 2020

Network router with firewall

I want to block all in- & outgoing traffic to my security cameras and other iot devices that do not need to talk to the outside world.

I am not a pro in networking so I would ideally not want to setup segmentation and vlans, because that would be a way to big of a project for me to wrap my head around.

I am looking for a router or hardware firewall that can block all traffic in and out from specific local IPs. I hoped someone could help me find a suitable device that is able to do as I would like. I read that a TP-Link router would be able to do so with ACL, but that was a very old post and the router could only handle 120 mbps. So I instead bought a newer TP-Link router that said it had ACL, but this one could only block device mac addresses to not connect to the network at all, so that was a waste of money...

Hopefully someone here can help and I am asking at the right place.



No comments:

Post a Comment