Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Network Musing from Limbo

As I enter my last few weeks at a Fortune company, I ruminate over my time at the company, my career, my next steps... I've taken the opportunity to relocate to be closer to family and have a clean exit from my employer in the first week of December.

Offers come daily, do I put them on the list and push forward, do I let them fall by the wayside? Each day brings some anew. As I train my successors and document the environment, I stay vigilant and focused. "What is missing? What are the choke points, both politically and on the network? What would I want to receive as an incoming engineer? What tribal knowledge is worth divulging? Do vendors need to know? What are my relationships I plan on keeping moving forward? What are my career goals? What are my technical goals? What are my responsibilities?"

All valid questions which deserve the time to be answered. What do you do in your last weeks as a network engineer/team lead/manager? Thank you for your time and consideration.



No comments:

Post a Comment