Wednesday, November 4, 2020

NCM Recommendations

Hey /r/networking/

Recently I started a new job, one of the first tasks I've been given is looking into a new NCM solution. I've worked previously with Rancid and SW NCM, but I'm curious if there is anything out there in production use by you that you'd recommend as well.

The company I work for isn't afraid to spend on a good solution, but something reasonable would be nice (I'm not sure what a reasonable limit is).

After doing some looking around, Oxidized, Unimus, and Kiwi CatTools came up as other options.

What would you recommend if you were going to deploy out a new toolset for network config backups? I'd prefer something with a decent search and diff viewing tool as well so we can track changes over time.

Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment