Friday, November 20, 2020

MPLS Load-Sharing

Hello,

I am looking for some guidance in trying to make use of our redundant MPLS circuits. Currently we have around 20 sites all connected via MPLS and I have two datacenters that have redundant MPLS to an HSRP pair of routers. They are currently set as active/standby and I would like to try to load share, as a 100Mbps MPLS circuit sitting idle makes me sad.

I will be honest in saying that advanced routing is not my strong suit. I have been reading into eBGP and iBGP load-sharing a bit and I was hoping someone could simplify what I am trying to accomplish so that I can approach this correctly, or if I should even be attempting at all. I understand that asymmetric routing would be introduced, but as its internal traffic, I think it would be fine. The traffic does not pass through a firewall.

The secondary routers are prepended.

Here is a quick mockup of what I have going on...sorry, I don't use reddit much and I cant seem to post a picture. It is here https://imgur.com/a/G13iRVd



No comments:

Post a Comment